I'm broke but I'm starting phone repair.

Hey 👋 welcome to my Day zero of how I dived into phone repair business

Table of content.
1. Why I'm quitting perfect tech tips to break phones.
2. Intro story, the problem, the proof.
3. Conclusion.

1. Why I'm quitting perfect tech tips tips to break phones.

One day my friends will ask: "Kennedy, what did you do in 20's.
 I could say "I wrote about how to download movies "
Or
I could say "I started with 370,000 ugx and bought cracked phone and built something good with my life, something that the world will know me for.

2. Intro story, the problem and the proof.

It all just kinda happened a few years back when I found a video on YouTube I liked a lot. 

It inspired me and made me start exploring the storm of technology.

 I ended up finding an early interest in phones which later turned in fascination for providing tech tips and tricks.

Now fixing phones is part of my life and what I want to pursue. I even started learning phone repair from zero.

Here's what I have vs what I don't have.

Have
1. Phone camera
2. 100,000 UGX
3. Wifi~

Don't have
1. Experience
2. Money for mistakes 😂
3. Tools
4. Cracked phone
5. Laptop

Tools needed to do phone repair.

1. Tweezers 

2. Screwdrivers from the screw drivers set which includes; Pentalobe 0.8 mm (star format), Phillips 1mm (plus format) a.k.a iPhone 7 Y screwdriver, tri-wing 0.8mm (Y format)

3. Pry blade from pry tools #Note they can be plastic or metallic.

4. Suction cup / isclark/ suction handle.

5. Screen disassembly tool #Note can be plastic or metallic.

6. Magnetic mat which is used to keep screws organized and safe.
7. Iopener or heat gun probably costs like 100,000 UGX

8. Opening guitar picks. These help with fragile stuff i.e; Samsung Galaxy back glasses because they are thin and thick enough to get the job done.
9. Spugder tool. Note can be plastic or metallic.

10. Isopropyl alcohol. This is used to clean inner parts like those located on the motherboard.
11. Rectangular blade. Used while removing the screen.

12. A 25W Soldering iron.

13. Soldering flux paste.

14. A multimeter.

The cracked phone I'm planning to purchase is a cracked Samsung Galaxy S10 
And last but not least is a Laptop.

YES! I can do phone repair without one but I do need it. 

With a laptop I can go from a guy who swaps screens to an actual tech who can diagnose and make money.

Why it is important?
 For Diagnostics & Software

This is where the real money is in Kampala

- Flashing/firmware: Samsung Odin, Tecno/Infinix SP Flash Tool. Fix "stuck on logo" phones for 30k-50k

- FRP/Google lock removal - Customers pay 20k-40k for this.

- Battery health check + calibration - Need software to read it properly.

- Data backup/transfer before you do a repair.

To be honest, I don't need a MacBook Pro 😂 

Minimum specs for phone repair:

Specifications and Why

RAM 8GB minimum. Flashing tools are heavy

Storage 256GB SSD. For firmware files + videos

Ports At least 2 USB-A ports. For phones + tools

OS Windows 10/11 is best. Most repair tools only work on Windows

Good budget options in Kampala ~UGX 800k - 1.5M:

4. Conclusion.

I have no idea what all tools are really made for. Google told me they're all fancy plastic and metal. We'll find out together.

This year I'm going to the city to price every single tool with receipts. 

If you want me to go from "guy with screw driver" to "actual tech" subscribe to my YouTube and follow me on my blog.

We're breaking stuff. Then fixing it. See you next time and don't forget to pray for me 🙏 

Help me decide

I have 100,000 UGX for a practice phone and I want to buy a cracked Samsung s10 from my someone.

 But my mother warned me about the consequences of buying used phone without owner's info.

Comment below what I should do?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post